Flat Pack Kitchen Information
Why Should You Choose Flatpack Kitchens?
All of the kitchen cabinets we sell here at Kitchen Warehouse UK through our website are delivered to your home as flatpack kitchens. All of our kitchen cabinets are straightforward to assemble, fully soft-closing, and made to the highest standards.
Cabinet doors will need to be drilled by the customer in some of the ranges we offer. Some kitchen door ranges are directional and need to be fitted a certain way up due to their pattern, finish, or a pre-cut handle groove. Therefore, we don’t drill particular kitchen doors. Still, to make it easy for you, we provide a hinge hole drill bit and a template tool for marking the hinge position.
All of the flatpack kitchen units that we supply through our website are made to order and are supplied in the colour listed at the top of each page. If you would like to order a different colour we would need it in writing via email within one hour of the order being placed on the website. All kitchen unit orders over £1,000 will be delivered free of charge, and for smaller orders, a £60 delivery charge will apply.
Given that cheap kitchen units with a flat pack design are gaining popularity thanks to their convenience, flexibility, and accessibility, it’s only natural to consider Kitchen Warehouse UK when planning your next kitchen. Whether it’s for someone who loves cooking or someone who simply wants to redecorate their home, our units are a quick and easy way to upgrade a kitchen’s look and feel.
If you’re still not convinced about purchasing one of our cheap flat pack kitchens for yourself, then you might want to check out some of the main benefits of buying flatpack:
- Budget-friendly. Our flatpack kitchen units are highly affordable. Despite the very reasonable price, however, we guarantee high-quality construction in all our products.
- Easy to transport. Flatpack kitchen units are incredibly easy to transport thanks to their compact packaging. We can easily get your order into your home without much hassle. Once it has arrived, you just need to follow the necessary assembly procedures.
- Multiple applications. Our flat pack products, such as cabinets and more, don’t necessarily need to be used in a kitchen area. They can be used to upgrade any space, including bathrooms, laundry rooms, utility rooms, and more.
Perks Of Ordering From Us
You can enjoy a lot of benefits when you purchase from us here at Kitchen Warehouse UK. Below are some of them:
Guarantees & Warranties
We uphold transparency and openness with our services to all our clients. This is reflected in our warranties, making sure that customers will get the best out of their purchased products.
While we take great care in making sure that our products are long-lasting and of high quality, there are occasions when some issues may arise. Hence, we offer excellent extended warranties on all our products.
The duration of our warranties varies depending on the product, but we offer up to five years warranty for flatpack kitchen cupboards and cabinets; seven years for doors; up to 10 years for most kitchen mechanisms; and 25 years for hinges and drawers.
If you notice any issues with your purchase, don’t hesitate to contact us right away. If you encounter an issue here’s what you should do:
- Check the item. In case you are missing a piece from your newly-purchased item, or it has been damaged, make a note of it.
- Take photos. Make sure to take clear pictures of the damage or scratches.
- Contact us. Send us a message, along with the issue and pictures you’ve taken.
Flat Packed Deliveries
We deliver all internet orders through an external courier company. Most orders will be delivered as a kerbside pallet delivery. You will need to ensure that at least one person is available to accept and unload the pallet as the courier company will unload the pallet from the vehicle to the curbside.
Once at the curbside, the pallet and its contents are the customer’s responsibility to transport into the property. The pallet must be disposed of by the customer. Before a pallet is dispatched, we will call you to confirm that someone will be at the property to accept delivery the following day. We will not dispatch any order without confirmation that someone at the property will be available to receive the delivery.
If confirmation has been given, and there is nobody to accept delivery when the pallet arrives, there will be a redelivery charge of £100. If you call us after 10 am on the morning of your delivery, we will be able to give you a rough idea of the time of your delivery.
Kitchen Warehouse UK has been in the industry for 14 years, offering quality products to everyone in the UK. With our focus on luxury kitchens, we have built a reputation for excellence and reliability among our residential and commercial clients.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us on 01765 640 000 or email at email@example.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a flatpack kitchen?
A “flat pack kitchen” refers to kitchen cabinets supplied with all doors and panels stacked flat in a transportable box. This type of kitchen needs to be properly assembled and installation is often done by professional kitchen fitters or by homeowners themselves. Flatpack kitchens tend to be far more affordable.
Are flatpack kitchens cheaper?
A prefabricated kitchen typically comes at a lower price than traditional setups. Recently, flatpack kitchens have seen a surge in popularity as they can be easily ordered and delivered to the home. These kitchens also come in various finishes, such as shaker style, traditional flat, handle-less, and so forth. You can also choose from fixed or custom widths and heights.
How do flatpack kitchens work?
Flat pack kitchen cabinets in the UK arrive in a box and need to be assembled. These are products that you can set up yourself using the base components supplied by the seller. All parts are pre-cut cut and drilled, which helps you to put the pieces together like a puzzle.
Are flatpack kitchens easy to install?
Flatpack kitchens are very easy to install and are a cheap and convenient way to upgrade your space. They are also modular, meaning that different configurations can be chosen to fit any space – whether it be your kitchen or utility room. These products are also very affordable.
What are flatpack cabinets?
Flatpack kitchen units and cabinets are manufactured and delivered as separate, pre-cut components, which you then assemble yourself. These parts are assembled to make a robust and sturdy unit, which can then be used as a foundation for your chosen aesthetic style.
Where do I start when fitting a kitchen?
Here’s how you can fit flat pack kitchen units:
- Get the measurements of the space.
- Install the base units.
- Assemble the units together.
- Fix the base units in place.
- Mark out space for the wall units.
- Fix the wall units in place.
- Place the units together.
- Install the unit doors.
Why is flatpack furniture good for the environment?
The best flat pack kitchens in the UK can be far better for the environment than traditional kitchens. As these units come with less packaging, and take up less space, the carbon footprint of transportation is lower. In addition, less packaging also helps to reduce waste and landfill use.
How do you strengthen flatpack furniture?
You can reinforce joints when fixing flatpack furniture to strengthen the foundation, making for a much more stable setup. If a piece seems to be a little unsteady, you can strengthen it with 1x2”s or 2x2”s or adding glue to the joints.
What wood is flatpack furniture made from?
Most often, flatpack furniture is made from either solid wood, medium-density fibreboard (MDF), or chipboard. MDF is the product of the residuals of hardwood and softwood mixed with wax to create a sturdy panel that is more durable than chipboard.
What furniture colour sells best?
Most people usually go for neutral-coloured furniture when they shop so that nothing clashes with any of the more colourful items that they might use. This is why it’s highly recommended to keep it basic with the colours for your flatpack kitchen.
Tips To Get A Quality Flat Pack Kitchen Installation
Here’s how you can have your self-assembly kitchen installation done properly:
- Hire a professional kitchen fitter. If you want your flat pack kitchen to be installed well, don’t hire a general builder to do the job. Make sure to hire an experienced kitchen fitter instead.
- Mind the gaps. Most flatpacks are made up of modules. Center the modules along a wall to make sure that it works in your space, avoiding leaving gaps at one end.
- Maximise the cover plates provided. A flat pack package will often come with many cover plates for hinges and screw holes. It’s essential to use all of them as much as possible to avoid gaps.
- Modify units for custom solutions. The installer can always adjust the product to fit your space. But keep in mind that only the cabinets' depth can be modified, not the width.
Benefits Of Getting A Flat Pack Kitchen
Are you wondering about the advantages of a ready-to-assemble kitchen? Then check this out.
- You can simply customise a DIY kitchen the way you want to, depending on your space and preferences. But make sure to properly measure the space before purchasing one to save you the hassle.
- You can install the flatpack anywhere you like and assemble it at your own pace.
- Do-It-Yourself Kitchen. You can have the freedom to choose whether to do the assembling yourself or ask a professional to do it for you. Assembling by yourself is perfectly viable, as the package will come with a detailed manual.
- Quality of the product. Flat packs are made up of quality wood that is guaranteed to last.
- Easy to assemble/disassemble. Flatpack kitchens are very convenient to set up, giving you a functional piece of furniture in a short amount of time.
Guide To Assembling Flat-Pack Furniture
Below is a step-by-step process in assembling flatpack kitchen cabinets:
- Unpack the furniture. Lay out all of the parts that come with the flatpack package on a carpet. This includes the hinges, handles, and feet.
- Get all the components together. Using the manual, sort out the parts and check if these are complete. In case something is missing, look inside the box again or contact the seller if you couldn’t find it.
- Find the base. Begin with the base panel by adding the fixed feet first. Make sure to build tall units on their backs to make the assembling more straightforward.
- Connecting side panels. Get the first side panel and connect it to the base panel. Do this on the second side panel as well to make a three-sided box.
- Cover plates. Many fixings come with cover plates, which match the colour of the wood or veneer of the finished item. Make sure to make the most of these and fit them correctly on the furniture.
If you are looking to buy flat pack kitchen cabinets, visit our store now! We have a wide range of excellent and affordable units to choose from.