When buying an American fridge freezer there a few ways to fit units around to make the best looking finish. The three main methods we suggest are either fitting a 900mm top box, 920mm top box or a 1000mm top box above. Each fitment has a different look below
900mm Top Box
Fitting a 900mm top box over a fridge freezer is out most common method. This is done by using a 900mm top box with two wall end panels cladding either side giving a full width of 936mm. Which will fit most 920mm or fewer fridges quite comfortably?
1000mm Top box
Fitting a 1000mm top box is an easier method but gives a gap of around 40mm at either side of the American fridge freezer this is simply putting the 1000mm top box between either side of the larder units.
920mm Top Box
Fitting a 920mm top box is a great method of a tight fitment for an American fridge freezer however the 920mm top box is generally a made to measure item and is not available in many ranges. The video and below instructions go over this method
- 1. Firstly we need to fit all adjacent units correctly with any end panels already in place
- 2. With the unit fitted we should allow the correct gap for the top box, in this case, we have a 920mm top box so a gap of 920mm is needed.
- 3. Using leftover material from either carcass material or plinth material we can make two flanges on the top of the top box allowing us to rest this top box in the gap on the adjacent units
- 4. Once the top box is in place we can secure the top box through the top flanges and also through the adjacent units to secure.
- 5. Finally, we can fit any needed cornice/pelmet and slide in and connect the fridge freezer